Advanced Motor Technician Program
The program covers advanced versions of systems fitted in the new generation cars.
Duration: 26 weeks + 26 week OJT
In this 26 weeks + 26 weeks program, you will learn about the latest technologies in the domestic and international cars. The program covers advanced versions of systems fitted in the new generation cars. Learn about electronic control modules used for Brakes, Safety Systems, Transmission systems, Suspension System and Engines. You will be learning trouble shooting through the system analyser and hand held scanners.
The program covers working principals of each advanced automotive system. It covers understanding in built-in warning system of smart cars, understanding and reading of repair manuals / wiring diagrams written by OEMs, filling in the check sheets provided by leading manufactures.
This program covers usage of general tools, special tools and advanced diagnostic tools. In short you will be taught all the concepts which will help you to responsibly and safely fix the bugs in the new generation smart cars.
- Introduction to automotive industry
- Workshop safety and equipment
- Automotive Engine, Engine Management System and trouble shooting
- Auto electrical testing, understanding complex wiring diagrams for leading manufactures, diagnosis of electrical components and repairing
- Auto air-conditioning, diagnosis, working with automatic gas recycling and diagnostic machine
- Automatic Power Transmission systems, transfer case for 4X4, Torque convertors, Limited slip differential, and axles and magnetic hub locks
- Steering systems, electronic power steering
- Adaptive Suspension system and ABS brakes and EBD systems
- Warning signals and maintenance of the car
- Service document writing, repair estimation and communications
- Interview skills, life skills, 5S and KAIZEN practice
Who Should Enrol:
This program will help you to start your career in Automotive Technology domain.
Minimum Qualification required is 10th Pass; NSQF level 4 certification/ITI/ Engineering Diploma / Degree/Any graduate is preferred. This will fulfil your passion and desire to work on complex high tech cars.
Certification and Availability:
- The program is recognized as Level 4 certificate program approved by NSDC (National Skill Development Corporation, PPP of Ministry of skills) and ASDC.
- On successful completion of the program and OJT, the candidate can appear in ASDC examination. On clearing the examination successfully, candidate will be awarded ASDC certification.
- This program is offered from all the NTI centers, except the satellite centers. Please contact the nearest NTI center for information on admission criteria and seat availability.
Certificates issued to successful students:
Technician ⇒ Diagnostic Expert ⇒ Floor Controller ⇒ Service Advisor ⇒ Service Manager ⇒ Manager ⇒ General Manager